- No comments
The Utah Senate is seeking public comment on two individuals who have been recently nominated to be judges in the Third District Court.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 18, 2014
Senator Scott Jenkins
Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee Chair
Director, Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel
UTAH SENATE REQUESTS PUBLIC COMMENT ON TWO JUDICIAL NOMINEES
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee seeks public comment on two judicial nominees prior to senate confirmation votes. James D. Gardner and William K. Kendall were recently appointed to fill vacancies in the Third District Court.
Those who desire to comment on these two nominees should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol Campus, House Building, Suite W210, PO Box 145210, Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 5th, 2015. All statements should include the respondent’s name, telephone number, and mailing address.
The Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will hold a public hearing, then issue a positive or negative recommendation to the full senate.
The Third District Court includes Tooele, Salt Lake, and Summit counties.
# # #
1. Members of the 2015 Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee will be announced prior to the confirmation hearing.
2. Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee information is available on the committee page.
3. The press release announcing James Gardiner’s nomination is archived at
4. The press release announcing William Kendall’s nomination is archived at
5. The press release requesting public comment on Constandinos Himonas’ appointment to the Utah Supreme Court can be found at
*Photo by Howard Jackman, a resident of West Jordan, Utah.